Sunday, May 29, 2011

Popcorn Dinner

5/26/2011: 12 Weeks

It’s my own fault - I think. I had a huge helping of Dairy Queen ice cream cake yesterday for a coworker’s birthday. Any other non-pregnant day, I would have had half the serving or none at all because it’s just that unnatural to me. But dang, it hit the spot.

So last night I made a healthy pasta/veggie dish and as we sat down to eat I could only look at it - I felt nauseous! I had like two bites and said “I can’t eat this!” I think it was my first “morning” sickness - only in the evening.

Eventually around 8:45 I thought popcorn sounded good, so I made up a batch and felt fine.

As I sat in the over-stuffed chair with my large bowl of popcorn in my lap and my 12-week pooch, I was reminded of a photo my Dad took of my Mom, pregnant with Stephanie, eating a huge bowl of popcorn and me laying in her lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment