Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Cat is Inching Out of the Bag...

5/9/2011: 9 Weeks

Nothing much to report - still feeling very good. Been enjoying quiet weekends at home. We tag-teamed re-painting the bathroom this past Saturday - I did as much as I could without painting to stay away from any dangerous chemicals, even though I did purchase No-VOC paint. I've also made sure all my household cleaners are as natural as can be - which I already am - but taking extra precautions now.

My Doctor told me I can tell anyone whenever I want but a good rule of thumb is whoever you tell early, you would share any painful news, too. So of course the first person on the list is my parents! Even better - I told my Mom on Mother’s Day. I made her a card that said “You have a Mother’s Day secret to keep for 3 more weeks...” on the cover and on the inside said, “Grandma!!! [& Grandpa].” As expected, my Mom - and Dad - were overjoyed! I couldn’t stop shaking since it was the first person we've told!

It was fun being able to talk to my Mom about this personal experience - I’m sure I'll be asking her [and my friends] lots of questions. It was interesting to hear that she had all THREE of us naturally; I popped out in 4 hours, Stephanie came out in 5 hours and Katherine the wonder baby was out within twenty-eight minutes of arriving at the hospital! Man, I hope those genes pass down!

Next up: telling sisters on Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment