Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hiding

Challenge #1: I find out I’m pregnant on a Friday. I leave for a week in London for work on Monday night. Sigh.

I’m bummed I can’t enjoy the best pints in the world, but what’s equally as hard ishiding the pregnancy! I can sort of get away with it with work people, but still tricky. I like beer. I’m not sure I can go up in a pub and whisper “Do you have anything non-alcoholic lagers?” Maybe I’ll be surprised...

The best excuse I can come up with is that I’m Intensifying My Health Discipline - ? I’m Prepping My Body For The Half Marathon - ? I’m Challenging Myself To Not Drink - ? Arrgghh!

Then what do I say when someone asks “Are you pregnant or something?” YES, I’m two weeks pregnant and I WAS trying to hide it from you, thanks.

Challenge #2: Vacation in Dallas with Tim and three other [drinking] friends. This will be the challenge of all challenges. The goal is for only Tim and I to get me “drinks” - cranberry-7up, grapefruit juice on the rocks, etc. ... and nurse every drink I get so no one offers to buy me one.

Final Challenge: What is my “injury” that is preventing me from doing the Half Pig? Hip? Foot? Ankle? Maybe I can search the Internet for someone else’s injury that prevented them from running.

Keeping this secret will be trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment