Sunday, May 29, 2011

Deep In the Heearrrrt of Texas!

4/27/2011: 8 Weeks

Major trips for my first trimester are over! Dallas was challenging as I expected. Of course I lied and said I was not pregnant, just cutting back with “all my running,” etc. Not sure if it’s believable, whatever.

If we were in a bar, I would not order from the waitress, but leave for the restroom and come back with a [virgin] cocktail.

Dallas was very fun overall - great weather, good friends and laughs, even a day at a pool! I did freak out a bit on our 3rd night - smoking is allowed indoors in Ft. Worth [gross] and I did not want to miss out on the night to Billy Bob’s Honky Tonk. I did a search on my phone and it seems just one night won’t cause any major problems. So I dealt as best I could but by 1am, I physically could not take the smoke anymore and I worked myself up that I was harming the baby. Thankfully we left around 1am.

Additionally, I’d started to get a scratchy throat on the plane over [gross recycled air] and it grew to a sore throat, then morphed into runny/stuffy nose and sneezing. I’m somewhat use to a few days of seasonal allergies. Or was it pollen in Texas? Or is it the pregnancy?

Either way, Saturday was a FULL day of lunch out, then roaming the Historic Stockyards, then dinner with Kathy, Jaimie, Izzie and Alex - all super fun. On the car ride home, I crashed hard. I tried to nap when we got back around 7:30. Woke at 8:45 and some were still asleep. My allergies were awful and I did NOT feel like being up again until 2am at the clubs.

I was honest and said I didn’t feel good and just could not rally for another night and my friends respected that and we all did our separate things. Tim was a fantastic husband and stayed back with me and we hunkered down and watched TV until midnight while our pals rolled in at 3:30am - whew! Good call on my part!

No comments:

Post a Comment