Sunday, May 29, 2011

First Thing’s First

My ObGyn had given me a bag of sample pre-natal vitamins a month ago for my yearly visit along with a prescription for “whenever” I needed them. At the time I thought, “sure,” and put the bag in the basement.

Luckily I found that prescription in a purse and set off to CVS. Thankfully my generic prescription pills aren’t nearly as horse-sized as the sample vitamins I’d received.

Annoyingly, I have a 7am work call on Monday, so the immediate #2 on my list Monday is to call her and tell her the baby thing came sooner than expected.

Saturday Tim and I went to the library to look at pregnancy books - not a huge offering, but did check out The Girfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy - so far I really like it - a more chick-to-chick conversation about what you really go through. This book has been a nice step into the water - I'll get the major info soon.

I also went online to buy some used books; Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake and The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth by Sheila Kitzinger. Both of these books talk about taking control of your birthing and the alternatives available. I have no idea what my plan is, I just want to know all my choices because those who know me know I live as natural a life as I can!

And of course I bought a used copy of What to Expect - figure I need some kind of encyclopedia of what will be happening!

I’m also considering a year subscription to some health preggers magazine - maybe Fit Pregnancy? We’ll see what’s available...

No comments:

Post a Comment