Thursday, July 24, 2014

Potty Training

2 Years, 7 months

Time to give our vivacious 2 year old a shout out! Her interest in the potty started around 19 months and she actually would go pee on the training potty. 

Fast forward to ... gosh I don’t even know, this past winter? I didn’t read too much about strategies to potty train, I just kind of went for it - we started by putting underwear on her when we were home/on the weekends. Then we made the jump to sending about 4 pairs with her to the babysitter. Nora would always come home with at least one pair of wet underwear in a bag, but we were proud she was getting there. 

I’d read that kids who do cloth diapers are potty trained earlier... I’m not so sure I buy into that anymore. We stopped with the cloth full time a while back and I think the tactile difference between disposable diapers and a thin pair of cotton underwear is enough to signal to her that she wouldn’t want to have wet underwear. 

We’ve gone FOUR days with dry diapers in the mornings this week and she’s been asking to go potty at night instead of peeing in her diaper - I think we’re there!

Though I’ve heard when a new sibling comes along, there can be a potty regression - we’ll be ready. I was confident we wouldn’t have 2 kiddos in diapers at the same time, and it looks like we’ll achieve it!


2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Apparently I was one of those diaper regressive tots but my sister is only 21 months younger so my mom should have cut me some slack! Hope you are in the clear with Nora!

    ReplyDelete