Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Weekend: Saturday


Saturday of the holiday weekend the Batty stars aligned; I had cousins in from Hawaii, Madrid, Missouri and Chicago! Plus our family up in Versailles were available so we had a small “reunion” with my Dad’s siblings/families. Only one family couldn’t make it due to vacation [we missed you Kevin & Jill!]. 

Everyone gathered at my parent’s house in Tipp - a midway point between those up North and those of us around Cincy. 

It was awesome catching up with our cousins who are all somewhere different doing different things. We all met Baby Sofia Nour, my cousin Brian’s 4-month old daughter who reside in Madrid. 

My cousin Melanie teaches in Honoloulou, so it’s always interesting hearing what life is like 4000 miles away! 

And my cousin Scott is part of the Pipeworks Brewery in Chicago who are really making a name for themselves. He always brings samples and it was a bummer not being able to sample his wares! 

We got home by 6:30 and crashed hard again - I’m finding the 3rd trimester is wearing me out quicker : ) 

The Batty/Coffmans attempted to recreate a photo of our family vacation back in ‘94? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment