Monday, July 7, 2014

Nora’s [Ailo’s] Picnic

2 Years

Meals with a toddler are a challenge. I’ve heard we’re not the only ones, which is comforting. Nora isn’t a picky eater, she just picks. Like a bird. I’ve learned to have 3 different items on her plate to ensure she eats something. And I refuse to be a short-order cook. I’ve read enough to learn that promotes picky eating. So she eats what’s on her plate, or nada. 

Nora also likes to wander during mealtime which is frustrating. Tim and I sit there and try to remind her that we’re all eating dinner as a family and she needs to sit there until Mommy & Daddy finish too. Right. 

Sunday evening we grilled out and halfway through, Nora decided she wanted a picnic. I’m 7 months pregnant after an exhausting weekend, so I don’t care. It already looks like she’s setting up a placemat specifically for Ailo. We keep Ailo back for a short amount of time and then realize Nora needs to learn that she needs to eat her meals at the table. Anything on the ground is fair game for Ailo. 




 Lesson learned. Mommy & Daddy cry from laughter. 



1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha! nice. martha loves wandering during dinner. we tell her if she leaves the table that means she's done and we will take her plate. (although she's supposed to clear her own dishes.) she never wants us to take her plate away, so it usually works. my kids usually like breakfast and lunch. dinner is a toss-up if they will eat it or not. at least they get 2 solid meals a day! ;)

    ReplyDelete