Friday, July 25, 2014

On the Exercise...

31 Weeks

My last run was approximately the 2nd week of June [week 26?] - and that’s okay! I am pretty proud of myself for running that long. The trigger was losing our A/C for a week with upper-80 temps - not safe going on a run, then coming back to a warm house [in my opinion]. 

I’ve been walking about 1.5 miles at least twice a week and trying to get some gentle yoga in. We have a hilly neighborhood, so I’m definitely getting cardio. The yoga is very helpful for my joints and muscles. 

I do miss running - a lot. Running is near the top of my priority list as something I do for myself. I’m not sure how our schedule will shift with a second child [no matter how many chromosomes they have!]. It will be an adjustment, but I hope I can find a way to get back to it. 

My ideal goal is to run the Half Pig at the beginning of May... which could be possible, but I want to set realistic expectations... We’ll see!

Hannah, Nora - keep up!

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious that you made it this far! I was done back in June - around 24 weeks. I've been biking either to work or at the gym 4-5 days/week and walking on the weekends plus stretching. I CAN'T WAIT to get back to running, though honestly, I've been grateful to not have to train some of these hot weekend mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha--love that you captioned that photo. i hope you are able to make time for yourself and run (or sleep)! xo

    ReplyDelete