Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Back to the Grind!

13 Weeks / 3 Months

Wow, I can’t believe my maternity leave is over tomorrow… it went fast, yet that delivery day feels like ages ago. Father Time is an enigma.  

I truly am looking forward to going back to work; I enjoy my coworkers, our studio culture and our work. I’m looking forward to getting a little more cleaned up every day and wearing high heels. Ha!

Then the other side of the coin is missing the two little faces that resemble me. Even though Nora has made me incredibly angry at certain times during my leave, she is still our sunshine. Funny how that works. I’ll miss getting day-long cuddles with Hannah, but know I’m still her Mommy who will cuddle her when I’m not bringing home the bacon!

I’m grateful we found our sitter, Alison over a year ago; she is patient, caring and has a good heart. Not to mention she lives 1 mile away! I sat with her to feed Hannah four times, so she has the hang of it and feels comfortable with the tube feedings - a huge weight off my mind. 

As hard a time I have giving up control, I personally believe in the “village” to round us out. It allows me to take a breather and re-focus so I can be a better Mommy and wife. Staying home with two littles is hard. Especially when you have to feed one, pump yourself and keep the toddler from climbing up the mantel or swinging her arms at you. Sigh. 

All Moms work hard no matter what the setting - stay strong ladies! 




2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic picture of Hannah! xoxo You're a badass 'Stiner Tron. I admire you and all your hard work not only being a mother but a sister and wife and breast pumper and jogger Proud to call you my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic picture of Hannah! xoxo You're a badass 'Stiner Tron. I admire you and all your hard work not only being a mother but a sister and wife and breast pumper and jogger. I am proud to call you my sister.

    ReplyDelete