Friday, March 21, 2014

The White Lies Begin...

*Written January 27th, 2014

The white lies and alcohol-dodging are in full effect. Below are the events that have happened where I wouldn’t be drinking and their outcomes; 

1. College friend dinner - no questions asked; whew!
2. Landor Happy Hour - no questions asked; whew!
3. Bookclub - no questions asked; whew!
4. Friend’s 40th birthday weekend in Athens - now this was complicated…

When we decided to try for #2, we originally thought we’d give it a go after this weekend in Athens. Then I became nervous that it might not happen as quickly as Nora did. So we tried earlier. 

Two weeks before we’re scheduled to go out of town and for my Mom to come watch Nora all weekend, we got the positive sign. DOH! 

First Task; fib to my family that the weekend was rescheduled due to reservation/scheduling flubs. Vague, right? 

Second, we’d already agreed to go in on a small rental so we were going to pay for that regardless. I told Tim to just go without me. And as the weekend got closer, I bailed on the weekend because I was “sick” we told our friends.

Since I had the day off Friday between jobs, I took Nora up to my parents house for the day. Stephanie was able to make it too. My Mom had bought me a bottle of champagne to celebrate my new job to which I replied, “Well too bad I can’t drink it.” Confused, gaping stares from Mom & Stephanie. “…because I’m about 6 weeks pregnant!” Tears and excitement : )

I probably wouldn’t have even told MY family this early if it hadn’t been for the debacle of canceling on my Mom to watch Nora all weekend. 

As I write this, I’m 6 weeks along, my first appointment is in two weeks, so once we see everything is going well, we’ll be headed onto the Krons!


No comments:

Post a Comment