Friday, March 21, 2014

13-Week Sonogram

*Written Saturday, March 15th

Friday I had my 13 week OB appointment - doppler sonogram time! I’ve basically been waiting for this appointment for things to feel a little more real. 8 weeks we saw a moving bean, but this past Friday we did hear a heartbeat - whew. The heart rate was around 150 beats per minute. Nora was always around 160. I’m not going to guess - whatever the gender is will be lovely. *The heartbeat theory says If your baby's heart rate averages in the 110 to low 130s range, the thought is that it's more likely a boy, and if it's in the mid 140s to 160 range, it's more likely a girl. Mid-130s to 140s is unpredictable -- and where a lot of heart rates fall.

Now I feel like I can look ahead, bust out some maternity clothes, pregnancy books and start telling people! 

Thursday night I had dinner with a few girlfriends - it was great to get out socially as well as tell the news. We’ve been calling a few friends as well. I’m mainly ready to tell my coworkers - I’ve been having to hide this pooch for a while now and I swear they all know. Especially after turning away wine frequently. Hello, obvious. 

My studio is so new and small they don’t have a maternity policy - ! I’ll be the first of a handful of women who also want second children. I’m sure they’ll be fair, but I’ll definitely be suggesting what I’d prefer - 12 paid weeks. But I’ve only been there 6 weeks - ! We’ll see... 


No comments:

Post a Comment