Friday, March 21, 2014

Public!

I told my our studio principals on Monday and their first instinct to me pulling them into a closed room was that I was leaving! They were relieved that I was pregnant and happy for me. As there were only 7 other people to tell, everyone knew by lunchtime. 

Again, we have zero maternity policy so I cast the net far and suggested 12 weeks paid leave - ! My reasoning was because I’ll be coming back 5 days a week [a lot of the girls don’t work a full week]. I’m hoping since they are flexible with people’s schedules and we’re a small, tight group that they’ll be a little generous - ? Worst case, I have 3 weeks vacation and 1 week sicks days I’d tack onto the end of what the come back with. 

We’ve called many local friends last weekend and over the week to spread the news. I’m happy to let my belly hang out now! 

I’m 14 weeks tomorrow and I’m starting to feel my body shift. I can feel my insides shifting to make room and my regular jeans are amazingly still hanging on, though I doubt for much longer. Sleeping is starting to get tricky, too; I can feel the weight of my belly taking over and sleeping on my back is starting to cause middle-of-the-night soreness. 2nd pillow shall be coming to bed soon!

We also found out a few weeks back that our good friends, the Cowans are also expecting their 2nd - Betsie is due Aug 22nd, a month before me! We were both super happy to have a friend go through this with! 

Oh wait, not sure I’ve mentioned my due date: September 20th, ya’ll! (Nora will be 3 months shy of 3)



I think around 9 Weeks? After a day of eating, mind you.
13 Weeks - I feel way bigger than I look.

1 comment: