Sunday, March 2, 2014

Big Girl Bed Transi… ZZzzzz

So for the past two-ish weeks, bedtimes have NOT been going well… Nora does not want us to leave the room. We’re in there for at least 1/2 an hour reading books and singing songs. We go to leave and she gets extremely upset. It tears me up to shut the door on her and she screams and tries to open the door, but I will not stay in there until she falls asleep… it’s our sleep training all over again. We’re trying to teach her she’s safe and secure in her new bed. The battles erupt and it ended up frustrating me to a point this past week that I started crying! I haven’t had an “I’m a bad Mommy” moment in a long time.

I think she misses the security of her crib, frankly. She isn’t too young for this and she was climbing out of the crib. We try to be as soothing as we can, but a lot of nights, she just jumps around and plays. I’ve reduced the amount of book and animals in her room to reduce the stimulation.

On top of this, she’s realized she can LEAVE her room now. We have not slept past 5:45am for a week straight. I have ordered a special alarm clock that glows when the time is “okay” to come into Mommy & Daddy’s room. I have 3 friends who have used this clock with success. I’m hoping it works with our little wildcard.

Any additional suggestions are welcome, however I may or may not use it ; )



1 comment:

  1. hugs. sleep training is rough on everyone until she gets it, I hope it's been better these past couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete