Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Girl Who Cried Poop

The past week has been exhausting… mainly because Nora’s new bedtime stall tactic is “My belly hurts - I have to pooooop.” This results in 15+ minutes of actual pooping on the potty [yay!] followed by two more claims of “My belly hurts! [booo!]” Trips #2 and #3 result in nothing. But she’s pooping on the toilet in the beginning. Once she hits attempt #4 then we say “No, it’s time for bed.” The kid’s tank is empty at this point, and we know there’s no way she can poop any more. She’s the Girl Who Cried Poop.

Once we try to gently say goodnight to her and that we love her, she flips out and sobs… it’s upsetting, but taking a full hour for bedtime is not a good habit I want to keep up. At the same time, I fear we’re giving her some type of complex with these battles at bedtime. Sigh.

Another phase that I hope we grow out of soon.


1 comment: