Saturday, September 13, 2014

NICU Private Room - ooOOooo!

NICU, Day 13

Tuesday evening as I was pulling up to our sitter’s house, I had a call from the NICU - of course my heart dropped to my feet - thankfully the nurse was simply calling to tell me Hannah was moving up 2 floors to a private room - ! The NICU is doing a lot of renovating here, so babies have been playing musical pods. 

The babies who get private room are a bit more stable and will be staying longer than most [longer than 2 weeks?]. 

This room is “luxurious” - we had been crammed around about a 6 x 8 space which could get up to 5 people around the crib. Our private room is at least 16 x 16 - bigger than Nora’s bedroom. We have a sink, a loveseat, rocking chair, sleeper chair, TV and bathroom! It’s so much more comfortable and relaxing, less noise, less commotion. Plus I love that I can pull curtains on the windows/doors and pump next to Hannah instead of leaving her bedside. 

I also got some last minute news Thursday about visitors - which most of the area is aware of; enterovirus D68 has been spreading fast among children in the area, to the point Children’s Hospital has had record numbers of admittances. Therefore, Hannah is now allowed only four visitors in addition to Tim & I who are ever allowed to see her for the remaining of her stay. It’s a bummer, but obviously the most important decision for these children here. 

But we all know this is temporary and eventually she’ll be able to have lots of [healthy!] visitors at home. 






2 comments:

  1. That room sounds great--especially the pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. She looks so cozy and peaceful. I bet she loved the new digs but not as much as being home!

    ReplyDelete