Saturday, September 27, 2014

Commence the Appointments!

Month 1

Hannah and I had her first appointment last week at the Thomas Center - it’s Children’s Hospital center to make ensure optimal health, development, social behavior, etc. are achieved by children who have Down syndrome - again, Cincinnati is an amazing place to be for Down syndrome support! 

We met with our Speech Therapist to check in on Hannah’s feeding. Jen was very impressed with Hannah [yay!];
- Hannah is up to 60ml per feeding
- We use the G-tube about every third bottle
- Hannah is using cues to eat and stop eating
- She wakes on her own every 3 hours to eat [and frankly, she gets hungry earlier during the day]

This week we have FOUR appointments:
1. Speech Therapy [this time I have to feed her a bottle for observation - that’ll be fun timing that bottle!]
2. My OB 4-week appointment - I’m not sure I’m taking it as “easy” as I’m supposed to - !
3. Hannah’s 1-month pediatrician appointment [!]
4. Hannah’s follow up with her G.I. surgeon to check the status of her G-tube

Whew.




2 comments: