Friday, July 26, 2013

Wooden Mushroom Burger

19 Months, Week 4

Well we had an interesting incident at lunch on Wednesday...

As we all know - the best food is what you make from scratch. I really like making veggie burgers, but of course don’t always have the time, and throwing one in the microwave is easy. 

I regularly buy Lightlife Veggie sandwiches from the freezer section; black bean and mushroom. Wednesday was our first day off of our latest “staycation” and I heated up a mushroom burger to share with Nora. 

As we neared the end of the sandwich, I noticed something long sticking out of Nora’s mouth... and thank goodness Nora took out said long object - an inch long wooden splinter. No damn joke. I’m incredibly thankful Nora was clever enough to know that wasn’t something to swallow and still in shock that it even happened. 

I contacted the company which is owned by ConAgra [gross - I hate big food business]. They  were extremely apologetic and I was very respectful. I love that they offered my coupons. Really? Because I’m pretty sure I’m NOT buying your product anymore. 



No comments:

Post a Comment