Saturday, July 27, 2013

Staycation - Friday


19 Months, Week 4


Friday morning/day was gorgeous in the low 70s and we met up with our friends the Cowans at the Cincinnati Zoo. Nora had been there last year, but this year she understands what all the animals are and enjoyed it so much more!

I think my favorite part was the Children’s Petting Zoo - I’m a sucker for farm animals. I think that was Nora’s favorite part, too - she heard a rooster crowing, got to see some goats up close and even pet a cow! 

Unfortunately we only really got a photo of the giraffes & elephants towards the end of our day.




Later on Friday we had 2 appointments to meet with caregivers. Our first appointment was with a young girl about 25 who was very sweet with her own 3 year old and 7-month old. She was very sweet, but her home was absolutely too trashy for me to be comfortable with Nora there. 

Our second appointment was just 2 miles from our house [closer than our current sitter!]. The woman and her husband were extremely kind and caring and have a little boy who just turned 2 and a 7-mo old daughter. The tricky part is, it’s about $60 more a week for them... argh. But for how clean and comfortable we were with them and the proximity to our home, Tim and I will probably make some cuts/adjustments to our budget to make it work. 

I do have one more person I’ll be contacting, so check back and wish us luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment