Friday, July 5, 2013

Baby’s 1st Vomit[s]

19 Months, Week 1

Nora’s week has ended pretty terribly.

I had today off, Tim did not - lame to begin with. So I thought it would be a good day to go up and see Mom/Grammy then up to visit my Grandma Heitkamp with Nora.

Nora woke up a bit last night, so she fell asleep 10 minutes before we arrived in Tipp City around 9:15am. We visited a bit so Dad could enjoy time with Nora, and we hit the road again around 10:30am for Versailles. Nora got a bit fussy towards the end of the 45 minute drive, but how can you blame the poor kid? She fell asleep 5 minutes before we arrived. 

We had a nice visit with Grandma and Uncle Jerry - he even took a 4-generation photo of us. Nora enjoyed both my family members and had a nice time too! 

We left at 1:30pm and Nora slept nearly the entire way back to Tipp City at 2:30. We had a snack and played, walked outside until we left at 4pm. Nora was very good on the drive home, lots of thumb sucking since she was bored... we were so close to home on 275 when I heard Nora gagging a bit and looked in the rearview mirror to her vomiting all over herself. My immediate panic said to get off at the next exit and pray she doesn’t choke on her vomit. We pulled off at Reed Hartman [probably 15 mins from home] and the next place I could pull off was a P&G entry drive. I got Nora out and stripped her down [thankfully had more clothes] and used diaper wipes to try and clean her up a bit. 

I had to put her back in the vomit seat to get home and passed her my water bottle because everyone needs to drink water after vomiting, right? Well, as we were about 100 yards from the house, Nora vomits AGAIN, all the water she chugged. Sigh.

I stripped her clothes down again and left them in the driveway and took her upstairs for a bath. Again, she is acting like her normal self. We let her watch multiple episodes of The Chica Show since she’s been so good all day and put up with 4 “long” car rides.

She asked for crackers, ate her dinner and had milk like any other night. 

Tim was putting her to bed around 7:30pm and reading her a book - Nora was leaning on her footstool looking at the book and vomited A THIRD TIME. Thankfully the footstool cover comes off [thanks IKEA]. We took her temperature and she’s normal, still acting fine.

She went to bed fine and Tim and I take apart the carseat to wash it down and I wipe down my backseat. As we wrap up, I head upstairs to check on Nora and she’s asleep with vomit surrounding her. VOMIT #4 It was full of raspberries and tomatoes so it was rather dramatically RED and unnerved me. I woke Nora up and stripped her and her bed down and Tim got her to sleep again - girlfriend has to be exhausted at this point. 

We got some “hydrating” drink for her [I’m finding some more natural recipes online] as backup, and aren’t sure if it’s a virus or WHAT. At first I thought it was being carsick, but after FOUR vomits, it can’t be. With no fever and acting totally normal, I have no clue what we’ve got

Poor kid’s had a rough week. 




1 comment:

  1. Hope Nora feels better soon and that if it was a virus, you and Tim didn't catch it. X

    ReplyDelete