Saturday, July 13, 2013

100th Birthday

People tend to be surprised that I’ve been at my job for almost 10 years [this October!]. A lot of my friends have hopped jobs a lot since graduating or now stay home with children. So to be at one place for almost 10 years is a rarity nowadays. 

Over the years Landor has had its ups and downs and I was extremely close to leaving years ago when I wasn’t happy with my manager. However, I’ve always been treated very well... the perks have been very nice and I was able to have 6 months of short weeks to be with Nora. I’ve been extremely lucky to have 3 strong female directors who all are working Moms with small children who respect having families and small children, but we all work hard and those 3 women are so awesome at their jobs and I look up to them. 

In a creative environment, no day is exactly the same and we’re always kept on our toes. I’m still thankful for being where I am [thank you Aggie for turning down the internship which let me get in - I was 2nd choice]. 

This past week was our founder’s 100th birthday - he began our company on a ship in San Fran and they threw awesome parties. We celebrate every July and this year we celebrated at Sandbar down on Kellog avenue - it was perfect - first sunny day after all the rain. 

I even left early at 3:15 and was able to do some errands and squeeze a 6 mile run in - yay for free time!


Me and Walter [pretend]

Having fun in the sun with coworkers!

Great beer at Sandbar!

No comments:

Post a Comment