Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Sad Baby

18 Months, Week 4

Sorry for the continuing sleep saga... 

Friday Night: Awful. It feels like we’re back to sleep training only worse because she can call out for us and you can hear fear instead of just being fussy to fall asleep. Trust me, this is a different scream than the old bedtime crying. 

• 12:48am - first waking of screaming our names. I held her and tried to put her back down and she kept crying. Tim went in next [1am] and soothed her and tried to put her down to no avail so he ended up laying next to her crib and she eventually fell asleep. 

• 4:18am - next waking so I went in [pillows in hand] and held her a bit and tried to put her in her crib, she only laid down once she saw me laying next to her on the floor. Thankfully she fell asleep quickly so I could go back to my bed. 

Saturday Night: Nora happened to get to bed late around 8pm. She woke up wailing at 5am and Tim took his pillow in and Nora laid back down when she saw Tim lie next to her on the floor. At 6:10 Nora wanted to play. 

Sunday Night: We had to lay on the floor for her to fall asleep close to 9pm. She woke at 5am screaming. I laid on the floor next to her until 6am Monday. 

Monday Night: Had to sleep on the floor next to crib for her to fall asleep - 9pm. Late for her. Woke up at 5:30am and I laid on the floor next to her. 

Tuesday Night: She came home from Nana’s asleep from her busy day... she woke up at 8pm screaming. We decided it’s time to start tapering our time with her - Sleep Training 2.0. I went up after 5 minutes to soothe her. I left, she freaked. 10 minutes later Tim started to go up and she miraculously stopped screeching. 

Our sleep training back at 3 months went fairly well and Nora was done within two or three nights. This has lasted almost a week and it’s WAY harder with the screeching of our names. Tim bought a nightlight but I’m not convinced that’s going to do anything. 

I’ve read enough now to know that this is completely normal, you just have to wait it through and at some point [hopefully closer to 2 weeks rather than 4 months [!!]] she will bounce back to good sleep.

This IS what Nora looks like currently.


No comments:

Post a Comment