Sunday, November 24, 2013

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas...

Tim started it. “Since Thanksgiving is so late this year, do you want to put up the decorations early?” Um, yes.

I heart Christmas. I still remember Christmas Eve, coming home from church and Santa had been at our house already!! [Because of course, Batty was at the beginning of the alphabet] While the memories of Barbie Dream houses, Get-Along-Gang dolls and Legos will always stay with me, I truly just enjoy the spirit of the season and enjoying time with our families. Nora is understanding what “family” is and called us “family” as we watched a Christmas show tonight. Crushingly adorable. 

As I love the season, I could care less about the gifts… Tim and I only exchanged gifts our first year of dating. Since then, if I need something, I just buy it. I would much rather spend the $$$ on food and drinks with friends and family. I wasn’t trying to be Scroogey, but Tim convinced me to get Nora A gift this year. I complied with something somewhat useful - a tricycle. 

With my own daughter, I’m excited to instill my own traditions on her and start our own. We started watching Emett Otter’s Jug Band Christmas [thanks to Nana] and I want to finish it - it was made in 1977 and it’s Jim Henson amaze-balls. 

While Nora slept a thankful 2 1/2 hour nap, Tim and I transformed the house to “Christmas,” which Nora is already loving. The lights, the woodland animals - specifically mice. 

With a traditional mantel, I’m rocking the decorations even harder now. And strangely enough, both our tree lights and start were burnt out this year. Darn, a Target run! I added a silver wreath among other paraphernalia… I mean, Ailo needs a stocking too! 

Takin’ care of business

The final product!



No comments:

Post a Comment