Sunday, November 3, 2013

Daylight Savings CRAP

22 Months, Week 4

We had zero going on this weekend and we were so happy! Tim had a last-minute invitation for some testosterone time and I told him to go - he’s been working hard [and not always happily], so he deserved a night with the guys. This was also “fall back” daylight savings time. 

Up until this weekend, I’d been ahead of the game and adjusted Nora’s bedtimes accordingly so the night of the spring ahead/fall back wouldn’t be too jarring. Not this fall. 

Nora stayed up until about 8pm which is very late for her. We watched our nightly TV before bedtime and I knew she was hanging on by a thread. A small nagging voice in my head said “Christine, you fool - you know keeping her up late doesn’t mean she’s going to sleep in.” And boy, was that voice right. 

4:45am [which to Nora’s body meant 5:45am] - Nora was UP. There was no chance of getting her to lay back down. Holy. Crap. Tim was spending the night at his friend’s house so I was flying solo. Thankfully Nora was in a good mood. 

Nora and I were up for FOUR hours before Tim got home before 9am. I baked cookies, you guys. Thankfully we didn’t have anything going on today, so I attempted a “nap” on the couch while she slept. I don’t do naps well and I was in that “middle ground,” but even just closing my eyes for 1hr was helpful to get through the rest of the day!

Nora gives Chica a bath!

Barely there... with Mommy’s new running beanie on.

1 comment:

  1. She's looking real tired giving Chica a bath.

    ReplyDelete