Thursday, September 20, 2012

I Made It!

9 Months, Week 3

Leaving home on a Sunday for the airport sucks. Leaving home on a Sunday for the airport when you have a 9 month old and it’s the first Sunday Bengals game sucks even more. [ha] What tears I had were on the way out of the neighborhood, so I did pretty well. 

Getting to NYC was smooth. The research I attended went well too, and had a nice time with my client. I stayed at the Courtyard Mariott on 40th by Bryant Park. Great location, walkable to our research facility. 

Monday after research, I got back to my room around 5pm and we weren’t meeting for dinner until 6:45. I felt lonely and trapped just sitting in my room, so I grabbed my phone and some money and wandered around a bit. Bryant Park had a little beer garden with some pergola and chairs so I got myself a seasonal IPA and just sat and called Tim to say hello. It was pretty nice! 

We had dinner at Candle Cafe - it’s a vegan restaurant, but no one is vegan. I tried tempah for the first time and it was good! We got some cookie ice cream sandwiches at Smush and I called it a night around 10pm. 

Tuesday was rainy and windy. After research, my client took me to Rockerfeller Center where I saw the statue featured on 30 Rock and the “ice skating rink.” Tourist! We were making our way to Uniqlo [a very awesome Japanese clothing store similar to Gap] when we came to an entirely blocked off avenue. Police everywhere, barricades, and waves of police and secret service cars - Obama! It was pretty neat seeing the presidential limos going by - I waved : ) 

Dinner Tuesday was just my client and me, so we went to Eataly - Mario Batelli’s Italian market and eatery. It has about 5 restaurants inside the market. Really neat even though I don’t really have an opinion on Mario. I had some very basic, but very delicious penne with tomato sauce and basil - and two glasses of prosecco [I love all the wine with business trips!]. 

I was in bed at 10pm... I woke up around 3:53am because I knew my alarm would be going off at 4:30am for my flight. Ugh. I got up around 4:10am, in the cab at 4:40am, at my gate at 5:40am. A gatekeeper [heh] asked if anyone was on the Washington 7am flight - she had room on the 6am flight, so I hopped on! 

At Washington at 7am, I tried to see if there was space on the 8am to Cincy. No luck. I had to spend 2 1/2 hours killing time in DC. Ooph. Two coffees were a bad idea - I got too jittery and “coffee belly.” The flight home was fine - landed at 11:20, grabbed some Subway, back in the office at 12:30 because I had to attend a client weekly meeting at 3:30-4:30. Awesome, huh? And I was dehydrated to boot, because I felt very cloudy and out of it. 

Picking up Nora last night was so awesome - I’m pretty sure she was saying Mama the whole drive home : ) I’ve been cuddling her ever since! 

View from research facility - not bad!
Bryant Park beer garden

Bryant Park on a perfect evening

Times Square Tourist

30 Rock Tourist

Rockerfeller Tourist

Tourist!

Tourist while waiting for Obama to pass

Eataly market [this does not do justice on how large this market is]

Fruit and Chocolate sweets from Eataly - I had to do both!

Sunrise on the way home xx


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Nora was saying "Mama" a lot on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete