Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hudy 14K

9 Months, Week 4

I’ve been training for the Cincy Half Marathon on October 20th. I had been training for the Half Pig last year when I became pregnant with Nora and my body said “Chill out man!” So it’s been a goal of mine for a while to reach 13.1 miles. The Hudy 14K was a perfectly timed practice this weekend.

I’ve been running around 10 miles on the weekends, but this was my longest race that I’ve participated in. 14K is just under 9 miles - 8.8 I believe. Tim was a little apprehensive about what to do with Nora for 1.5 hours/her naptime/etc. I’m glad he decided to come along - Nora did just fine! Our great friends the Sheehans were there - both us wives ran the 14K while the Dads and babies walked the 7K. 

The race was great - perfect 60-degree-ish weather, sunny and dry. I finished under 1.5 hours and had a pace of 9:33 - really good in my opinion! I was extremely proud of myself even though two of those hills nearly did me in. 

Tim, Nora and the Sheehan clan cheered me across the finish line which is the BEST feeling [even though Nora was passed out in her stroller]. 

Hopefully the Cincy Half treats me well too!
Me with my medal and post-beer! [Yes, most races conclude with beer ]

Nora’s first race!

The Sheehans including Tom’s Sister and Dad in from England!

My lovely and functional medal!

Anne and myself celebrating our finish!


1 comment:

  1. I think the only race that ended with beer was this one:
    http://www.active.com/running/kalamazoo-mi/international-canned-beer-month-can-do-run-2011
    and you had to buy your own beer. Clearly I need to pick better races! I'm running a half the same weekend you are. You'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete