Monday, August 22, 2016

Los Angeles with goDutch: Day One

I’ve been with goDutch for almost 2 1/2 years now - I’ve seen us grow from 10 people in a house in Covington to 17 people in an official studio space in OTR. I’ve been grateful since day one that my pal Emily pulled me in. Large studio to small studio is a change, but our perks are amazing. 

Case in point: celebrating the studio’s five year anniversary by taking us all to L.A. for a week of inspiration and recharging the creativity! 


Some of us women with families were anxious about the week - I haven’t been gone from the girls longer than two nights, nor have I been gone with Tim that long since our honeymoon. Wah-wahhhh.


Not to mention Tim being on his own with the girls that long - at least he only had mornings and evenings to deal with... but anyone with a traveling partner knows that can wear on you!


Day One: 


9:30 flight, landed around 11am. 


Our mini-bus that carried us around the city.


Hotel by 12:15, back out by 12:45 to meet up with Molly, my Sister-In-Law whom I haven’t seen since Hannah was born! Was great to catch up and she showed me around the canals of Venice Beach - beautiful! We got some iced coffees and bopped around.







I was back at my hotel at 3:50 in time to Facetime with the family [6:50pm dinner there]. Showered up, our group left the Viceroy at 4:45 to walk to The Fig for dinner - YUM. Our office can be foodie snobs when we want. 




After dinner drinks at a bar, then to bed. 






Shots of the cool boutique-y hotel, The Viceroy:











No comments:

Post a Comment