Thursday, August 18, 2016

First Family Vacation Part Two: The Other Stuff

I’m a big fan of staycations. You don’t need “a vacation from your vacation,” you get stuff done, and I just enjoy being home. I’m a homebody probably because I spend more time OUT of it than in.

We had a handful of appointments for Hannah and one for Tim. 

We went to Coney Island which was anti-climatic. For having such a bold personality, that Nora sure doesn’t want to attempt any rides besides the carousel - and not even an animal - or the small slow turtle ride. We did manage the sack slide again this year. At least she’s consistent? Thank goodness we only paid about $8 for her ride bracelet because we sure did not do a lot there. 






On Friday we went to Scene 75. The inside is just as bad as I imagined it; too bright, too flashy, too much. However - tucked back in the corner is a separate room full of inflatables for kids until 12 to bounce around in as well as a corralled area full of padded pieces for toddlers to climb all over - brilliant! 




We hung out for maybe an hour. One of the employees approached Hannah and I in the toddler area. She asked about Hannah’s eye patch and said “Some of my favorite people have Down syndrome.” She’d worked at a daycare and her favorite kids were those with Ds. It made me smile that she approached us and Hannah seemed to brighten her day : )

Saturday I ran 8 miles then Tim and I headed down to our friend’s lakehouse for an annual Adult Day - thanks Mom & Dad for coming down so Tim and I could enjoy a day with our friends, just lazing about! Sitting on a raft with an adult beverage is about as good as it gets these days! It was awesome!

Frands.

No comments:

Post a Comment