Thursday, August 4, 2016

How People with Ds See Themselves:

I have SO much catching up to do - the past two weeks have been insane, so I’m just going to start with this amazing video from the UK. 

First, the preference in the UK is Down’s syndrome. The preference in the US is Down syndrome. Dr. John Langdon Down classified the condition, he didn’t possess it - are you following my grammatical lesson here? 

Anyway, this video is so totally awesome - I love seeing adults talk about their condition. Not to mention, how adorable is that baby?! She reminds me of Hannah who makes those exact sounds : ) 

I don’t necessarily know the English cultural references, but everyone in this video is so clever : ) 

What People with Ds Are Tired of Hearing

1 comment:

  1. Loved this video! Love that it shows those with Downs are no different than everyone else. Wish everyone would watch this.

    ReplyDelete