Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sad Story [not our own!]

I don’t listen to country music. I’ve never heard a song by Rory & Joey, but have followed them since Hannah was born because their daughter - who is 6 months older than Hannah - also has Down syndrome. 

Unfortunately, Joey was diagnosed shortly after Indy’s birth with stage 4 cervical cancer - they thought they’d rid of it, but it came back with a vengeance and she is currently in Hospice care at age 38. 

I think the reason their story makes me come to near tears every time I see a headline [as opposed to so many others I know who battle] is because I feel a connection with her having a young daughter with Ds. Which seems simplistic, but I don’t know how else to explain it. The photos of Indy resting on her Mom in a hospital bed don’t help the emotions stay down!

Joey & Rory

1 comment: