Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Oh Snap! Sick Mama!

I cannot remember the last time I stayed home sick from work... December 2012? 

Sunday night my stomach was upset - uck. 

Woke up Monday and things were Not. Right. I barely managed to get the girls to the sitter. I had already showered and dressed for work and drove straight back home to tell them my status. 

Nauseous/upset stomach, achey, chills, and... “bathroom trips.” It was rough. I was so thankful we have such a great caregiver so she could take care of the girls while I laid in bed to restore myself. I took two naps! Two! The last time I took a nap I think I was pregnant with Hannah! 

I couldn’t believe how bored I was! Typically when I’m home I’m cranking through house projects. Not yesterday; I could barely muster the energy to get upstairs to bed! Though I won’t lie; some catch-up on magazines and HGTV was pretty awesome.

So by dinner time I was feeling better, able to make dinner and tidy up a bit. I knew I was feeling better when I started cleaning the kitchen sink - ha! 

As I thought, it was a 24-hr stomach thing. Blech! Thankfully I could stay away from the girls and pray I kept my distance long enough so no one catches it! 

I felt like a million bucks this AM - back at it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment