Thursday, November 12, 2015

Hannah’s Neurology Appointment

Just to get it out of the way: we are in the clear with Neurology - which my gut had told me.

Hannah’s tongue had started quivering in the beginning of October... we thought it was involuntary. Then we observed she did it when she was happy/content. We’d seen 3 different speech therapists and an ENT who all dismissed it as a developmental “thing.” One pediatrician suggested we just go to Neurology to check all the boxes. 

They asked a lot of questions about behavior and development, when her tongue quivers happened. I even had video to show. 

The Neurologist was an older gentleman and after poking her and observing her, said “I don’t know what this is.” - !! For real?? I can’t believe he’d never seen something like this. Since she has no other symptoms/signs/behaviors linked to a neurological anomaly, he basically let us go and said to contact them if anything evolves! 

So I left happy knowing it’s one more appointment OFF our list and taken care of. 

:: thumbs up ::


1 comment: