Monday, September 16, 2013

Rock Momma



21 Months, Week 2

Tim and I happened to book two concert nights back to back in one weekend - not normal now days. Thankfully both Grandmas were available and happy to help us out! Tim and I also took Friday/Monday off to make up for the lost weekend time with Nora which has been delightful. 


Friday during nap we even managed a hair mangling cut for Tim - if you didn’t know better, you’d think Ailo had been shaved. 




Grammy Batty arrived at 3:30 and Nora literally squealed with delight. It wasn’t long before Grammy was giving piggyback rides! 





Mr. William met us and the three of us hit 50 West Brewery - it just opened in January in Mariemont and we’ve been itching to go. They did not disappoint - Tim and I both drank their flight of brews and I liked 5 of the 6. The inside was very cozy and felt pub-ish. Possible birthday visit, Dad? We also had some beer cheese with Servatti pretzel - very good and homemade. 


The weather has been amazing this weekend - average around 70˚

So, so delicious






This must have been the owner - “shucking” hops with his wife.  I think they enjoyed putting on a show. 
The concert of the night was Queens of the Stone Age - a very hard rock band I’ve been following since 2000 - my roommate, Jeff and I would climb to our college house roof, get sunburnt and listen to their debut CD on a boombox. Awesome memories.  





The show was truly awesome and so hard rocking. My phone doesn’t take great photos, but the video the band played behind them almost took away from their music, it was so mesmerizing. 


Thankfully I was in bed before midnight and Nora slept until 6:45am - she asked for Grammy when she woke up and was sad Grammy was gone already : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment