Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bonkers Week

21 Months, Week 3

Tuesday was our only “quiet” day this week. Wednesday I hosted my bookclub - only 4 of us this week, and was quite fun. Everyone left at 10:40pm... which is 40 mins past my bedtime. Zzzz. 

Thursday evening after work I ran 3 miles downtown - my only sliver of time I managed to get a short run in before the 14K on Saturday morning. After “freshening” up, there was a huge benefit at Arnold’s downtown for a coworker/friend whose husband is still battling cancer [age the young age of 32] - it was a successful night and was glad I made it home before Nora went to bed. 

Thursday PM I received a text from my sitter that her little boy had a high fever. Crud. She contacted me again Friday AM that he still had the high fever. Thankfully my workload was light that day, so I took off to spend the day with Nora. We actually met up again with Anne & Ava at Highfield Discovery Garden in Glendale Gardens - Nora hadn’t been there since she was about 6 mos old! The girls loved it and had such a fun time!


Friday evening I had to first pick up our race packets in O’Bryonville, then headed to Crossroads Church for a prayer service for the above-mentioned friend’s husband. Half of the approximate people there were from my office [the service was organized by coworkers]. Even though we broke into small groups for prayer, I found it emotionally harder than I expected. I had to leave before it ended... I can’t quite pin down how I felt... overwhelmed? Or just more of a private prayer and I could’t handle being vulnerable in a public setting who weren’t family. Despite my personal challenge, it was still a wonderful energy that I believe will boost the family.

Checking out the big magician’s hat.

The real frog we saw - at least the size of my fist!

Not real frogs.




Ava & Nora watching “Thomas.” Not really Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment