Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hudy 14K 2013

21 Months, Week 3

We enjoyed the Hudy 14K so much last year, it’s probably going to be an annual event for us. 14K/9 miles is the perfect distance - far enough, but isn’t pushing as far as a half marathon. 

I woke up at 4am to use the bathroom. I never fell back asleep. Sigh. I was just listening to the rain thinking, “Crap, not only do I have to run in the rain, but Tim had to make sure Nora was comfortable,“ etc, etc. 

I got up at 5:45am, Nora woke at 6am, we left before 7am. We had a personal fiasco with parking due to large bills and lots that ate our money without letting us in. Don’t ask. 

Highlight: the rain stopped as everyone walked to the starting line. The race was great - I ran into 3 different friends along the way which makes it fun. Along the course, sandwich boards call out all the locations of past breweries in Cincinnati through OTR - I could probably count them on 2 hands - very neat! 

I didn’t finish great [1:30:17 / 10+ mile], but it’s a fun race. The after party is insane; line after line for coneys, beers and our free pint glasses! A refillable trophy! 

Nora & Ava weren’t in the best moods afterwards so that the parents could enjoy our post-race beers. Specifically Nora who is a wanderer. Now I understand why some parents use actual leashes. Tim or I have to be hands-free at all times to chase her. 

We agreed to jump to Moerlein House for lunch which was so satisfying. The girls behaved very well and my fish & chips hit the spot. 

We headed home by 12:15 and Nora was asleep in the stroller before we even got to the car - ! That hasn’t happened since last 14K! Girly slept all the way home then magically woke up as we pulled in the garage - Tim and I nearly cried from exhaustion. 

Thankfully the rest of our day was quiet with only a trip to the grocery store. 

*Hip update: I’m doing well, onto “home program” and now just seeing physical therapist every OTHER week. He thought he felt a fatty cyst, my doctor did not, she said “No way.” So I guess I just keep up my stretches, strengthening and icing!



Anne & I two years in a row!


Nora’s second Hudy race!

Dance party!

I was happy because I thought Nora would sleep more than 30 mins - wah-wahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment