Saturday, June 28, 2014

Cramps & Turkeys

28 Weeks
2 Years

I’ve slowly been washing Nora’s old items and getting baby items in order - I washed all the newborn items and could barely remember those days of Nora being so small! Nora loved seeing all her old clothes, “Ooohh they’re so cuuuute!”




Passed my glucose test this week and received my Rhogam injection to protect my O- blood from possible attacking Hannah in the womb. 

Kicked off the Third Trimester today! And not in a great way… after waking up, around 8:30 I had some mild cramps. They weren’t timed out, it was a constant uncomfortable cramp. Hurt more when I was sitting. Hannah was still moving around, too. I drank a ton of water and ate some food and they went away by lunchtime. My abdomen was also tightening up in intervals so I’m pretty sure I was having some bad Braxton-Hicks. 

I gal I know delivered her baby early at 28 weeks - ! I can’t imagine… feeling those cramps today made me think… I am not ready! My labor with Nora was all back labor - I did not have the menstrual cramp feelings that typically occur. It wasn’t pleasant and I hope this time around isn’t as long as the first!

We also hit the Farmers’ Market this morning. I walked around holding Nora’s hand and after passing a gentleman, I heard him say “That turkey’s done!” Um, wow. No sir, my turkey is NOT done - I have three more months hopefully! Good day to YOU!

1 comment:

  1. hahah... that turkey is done...haha... i'm sure the baby bump looks bigger on you since it's sticking out from your skinny little frame. i think mandy had something with her blood potentially attacking the baby or something with the birth? crazy stuff---thank goodness for modern medicine!

    ReplyDelete