Friday, April 18, 2014

Takin’ Care of Business

17 Weeks

The week started rough. 

Home:
Our new hired tax folk waited until the last minute to ask questions and file us. Really not cool since we submitted back in February. They had finally sent a confirmation email at 8:30 the night before taxes were due and wanted us to fax them back. Yes, let me pull out my fax machine from my rear. I emailed the owner my disappointment and he admitted it was poor on their part. Not again. 



Work:
So on top of being completely stressed out Monday night over taxes, I knew I had to wake up at 4am for a flight to Boston with one of my bosses to meet with new clients. I made it to CVG fine, the flight was very bumpy - we rode on the cold front that came this past week. 

The meeting was fine. My boss admitted I probably didn't need to go - nice. However, I’m new and I need to make those small sacrifices. Our meeting went long and Boss had another client call, so we missed our late lunch reservation. 

In a strange coincidence, we were there on the 1-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombing. Our lunch reservation was down on Newbury St, so it was probably good we missed it with the memorial services going on. 



We at lunch around 3pm in the airport. Since I’d barely had food, I stuffed myself with a lobster wrap and fries. Very good, I ate too much. I got indigestion so the flight was not great. More turbulence. About 1 hour in I thought “I might puke.” Then my mouth started watering. Ignoring the buckle-up light, I made my way to the bathroom and seriously almost threw up. Somehow it passed as did the indigestion. Hot pregger mess. 

Thankfully I got home at 8:30pm so I was able to get a full night’s sleep.

Pregnancy:
Monday I had my 16 [really 17] week appointment - it was pretty straightforward, I heard the baby’s heartbeat again - this week it was around 130-140 range. We go back Wed, May 7th to find out the gender! Eeeeee! Once we hit that mark, I’ll probably put more focus into getting ready. 

I tried to find a maternity swimsuit at Target today. Between Nora’s swim lessons and going to the Sharonville pool with Nana, I’m going to need something I can wear with Nora that won’t pull off. You know what’s worse than swimsuit shopping? Maternity swimsuit shopping. Thankfully I’d put in an order with OldNavy.com so hopefully something in that shipment will work out.

Today [Friday] I’ve hit my limit on my regular jeans. Wah-waaahhhh. You know what? I forgot how comfortable maternity jeans are. Elastic for the win! Thank you again to Emma for the communal maternity clothes! I can’t remember how long I lasted last pregnancy - 18 weeks [tomorrow] seems like a good run for pregnancy #2. 



Nora: 
I don’t think I’ve seen Nora as high-pitched excited as Wednesday after the sitters - swim lessonssss! Tim and I sat and watched while Nora went straight to Miss Emma. They blew bubbles, went after the duckies, and jumped off the side until sadly our 15 minutes was up. 

Me:
We got a pleasant surprise last week with a day off today. My last day off was late January between jobs - I was very ready. No, I did not spend the day with Nora. I took her to the sitter so I could get. stuff. done
- grocery shopping
- washed and vacuumed car
- bought Tim’s b-day gift
- Target of course
- planted herbs and flowers
- cleaned house 
- online yoga

A lot for pregnant lady, but I had to take advantage of today since Easter weekend is a wash for anything else productive. Though I am looking forward to all the family time!






No comments:

Post a Comment