Sunday, April 13, 2014

Happiness is 70-degree Weather

17 Weeks

I think most of us in the midwest can agree this weekend was utterly gorgeous. 70s - perfect. 

Friday was an intense day at work; tight deadline that we worked to the last minute. The client review was mediocre. My brain was done at 3:30 and I just wanted a drink. Blergh. Instead I down sweets. 

Saturday Tim ran while Nora and I played with sidewalk chalk outside. While Nora napped Tim and I rushed to get the house together for two families coming over for dinner. Great weather, great friends, great night. Nora and Ava are 3 months apart and truly enjoy each other - they actually played together instead of next to each other; ring-around-the-rosie, running and squealing and lots of pretending while the men acted as “dragons.” 

“So I told my Mom…”





With magic wands in hand



This morning I met with my doula, Anna, in Northside where she lives. Since she was my doula with Nora, our meeting was brief, yet nice. It was maybe 15 minutes and we’ll meet one more time before delivery. It wasn’t really a question this time around - I felt the benefit of having a 3rd level-headed party during labor and delivery is so valuable - the ability to tell us when to leave for the hospital pays for her costs alone. She provides physical and emotional support but cannot perform medical care like a midwife. 

When I returned, Daddy & Nora had had a trying morning of accidents in the big-girl underwear. We tried it out all morning and Nora did fairly well. If she had dry panties after “X” amount of time, we gave her some puffed corn. I don’t want to force anyone caring for Nora to do the dirty work, so we’ll see how far we can get on the weekends. 

I got in a run before Nora’s nap time [during which time Nora had another accident with Tim in the big-girl panties]. I was aiming for 6 miles, but wasn’t feeling it with the heat and backed down to 5 miles, walking up the last hill. I was good and listened to my body. 

We spent post-nap at Sharon Woods where every other family in Sharonville was as well! Thankfully it’s a large enough park, we didn’t feel smothered. 

I’d given Nora some cashews in the car on our way to Sharon Woods and she finished off a few on our way to dinner. While sitting in LaRosas, I noticed her skin seemed extra blotchy. It wasn’t that hot out and she’d had some water - we realized it looked like hives and was probably caused by the cashews which she rarely has; and had quite a few tonight. 

The hives have eased up, but now we’re obviously staying away! 




Hives mainly on left side of face. 

Boo.











No comments:

Post a Comment