Monday, March 5, 2012

Trial #1

13 Weeks


Well I passed - I mean Nora passed her first few hours at Holly’s, our new sitter for Nora on Wed/Thu : )

Our morning schedule worked out well - Nora woke up from her 1/2hr nap and was fed in time to get out the door to Holly’s by 10am. We went over Nora’s basics and I left for my haircut - Holly’s first objective was to get Nora down to sleep. 

I left for my 11am haircut and was basically in tears before I even got in the car! I think I cried 5 minutes - not too bad? It was nice to just zone out and get my haircut. I came home to a very quiet house - so freaking weird! I took advantage and went on a 2-mi run, washed off, ate some lunch and started her diaper laundry. 

I went back to Holly’s at 1:15 and Holly answered the door with Nora - “She just woke up!” What?? That darn girl slept the entire time there. Of course. Wildcard. So Holly watched me change her cloth diaper and Holly tried to feed her - which didn’t go very well, so Nora at least took the bottle from me - a full 4oz [good Girl!]. 

We’re going to do it again on Thursday for a longer period of time so that Holly may have a chance to change and feed her and Nora gets more acclimated. 

I feel much better - I feel like a lot of worry is gone and I’ll feel even better after another trial on Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment