Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Poof!

14 Weeks


...and just like that I’m back to work tomorrow! It’s an extremely bittersweet feeling. Nora and I have finally hit our groove - we get each other, nursing is going great and I feel like I somewhat “get” what I do as a Mama.


However, I’m looking forward to wearing something other than a nursing tank, remember what high heels feel like and have adult conversations. I think I might get a little stir-crazy if I stayed home... And I praise those women who watch multiple children - whew! It’s tricky enough for me with one!


I’m thankful to have such wonderful mothers who want to watch Nora. Thankful I found someone who I’m comfortable to watch Nora as a new face in our lives. Thankful I can take a 4-day week to enjoy having that one day alone with Nora to watch my little girl grow.


I’m actually not sad or nervous about tomorrow - it’s a lot like going back to school after summer vacation. Back to my desk and friends, I feel refreshed about the work I will do. I was more emotional leaving Nora with the sitter since that’s a total unknown. Starting back with just two days was a good idea too - that way I can dip my toes in, then go back full force next week!



3 comments:

  1. Have a great day tomorrow, both of you pretty ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds so good! look at that cutie! i'm happy for you, stine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your first day back was great!

    ReplyDelete