Friday, March 23, 2012

The New Normal

15 Weeks


We’ve officially had our first week of the new schedule and lifestyle! Yes, it went well!


Monday Grammy Batty had a ball with Nora as did Nana Kron on Tuesday! I was a little worried that the house would be too stuffy with this abnormal heat, but everyone managed - thankfully the AC guy is coming to make sure we’re all fixed up for the summer - which I hope isn’t record hot. 


I really liked being back at work - it felt like “me” again. I feel refreshed after a break from the job. Plus I have new team members which is a refresher too. AND our office is re-organizing a bit. So everything feels like new again. 


My team seems supportive of me working 4 days and I really want to make it work. I want to be able to have one day with Nora so it’s not just weekends. On weekdays we basically see her for no more than 1 hour before she goes down for bed! 


What’s funny is I actually feel more guilty about missing ONE day of work than four days with Nora! It seems backwards - what does that say about me?! 



1 comment:

  1. that is a great photo! yes, the guilt... i think it's unavoidable! knowing you, i'm sure you will get your work done and will totally be fine working 4 days. you are the stine machine!

    ReplyDelete