Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Battle of the Belly

My jeans are getting tight. I know that’s a good sign, but bad on clothing options!
I have about 6 elastic skirts and a good number of dresses I could try to mix-n-match for a while.

I thought I was being smart a few years back, keeping some jeans that didn’t fit me anymore but now I realize I don’t need jeans that are all-around bigger, I need more gut room!

Has anyone bought a belly band? It seems like you can only wear long shirts with them though - ?
I really don’t want to spend $$ on maternity clothes, but I might check out Old Navy for one pair of pants and shorts - they are nice and cheap. I’ll hit some thrifts too for certain.


4 comments:

  1. i think ariana made some maternity jeans and maybe had a belly band?? i borrowed my cousin's maternity clothes and bought a ton of maternity clothes on sale at gap or old navy for really cheap... like $5 shirts. and i still wear some of them, just to get all my money's worth and because i don't want to ruin my normal clothes with martha's face gunk that she rubs on my shoulder. plus then you have some maternity clothes for next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used an elastic hair band on my button hole and looped it to the button to keep my regular pants together and give me a little more room almost my whole second pregnancy. love the belly band things that are a tube to wear under shirts that get a little short. i bought some on ebay that someone made, for the same price as one name brand ones. i never bought actual maternity shirts, just some of those flowy things they sell in the juniors department. most of the maternity clothes are ugly and expensive but when you are big enough you will probably want a pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister loved hers and continued to use it after her 10.5 lb baby was born while she was getting back into her pants. She's tall normally quite slim, but gained 60 pounds. I think it was a good investment!

    ReplyDelete