Friday, December 18, 2020

December Birthdays

 Nora”s 9th birthday was quiet but great - it’s sweet that Nora understands we could not have a party. We did have over her one neighbor friend who is also in remote school. Along with our aide that afternoon, we all sang Happy Birthday and cut Nora’s cake - a requested Christmas tree! Unfortunately, curious 6-yr old hands smooshed the box stop and crushed the star on top. 

Nora got a water bottle, some blue-blocking eyeglasses (don’t ask me, she wanted fashion frames), and a pair of classic checkered Vans slides. She was a happy 9-yr old!






Then this gal turned 41 (!) on the 10th. There are days I still don’t feel like a grown-up or mother. But my aches, few greys and fine lines say otherwise. No bother though - I’m healthy, happy and am able-bodied and that’s something to celebrate.

I actually had to go into the office on my birthday, so I did actually put a dress and boots on. My office manager got me bagels with veggie cream cheese - YUM. A few friends dropped off porch gifts which was so thoughtful. 

Tim and the girls got me my long-for wished grapevine trees for the porch, some Trader Joes goodies, and delicious cheesecake bites from Fresh Thyme. The best gift were the homemade items from Nora and seeing Hannah write a card for me - knowing she can write and (sort of) sound out words is the best gift ever!









For being a pandemic birthday, I really felt the love! 

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you on not totally feeling like a grown up or a mom at times. Like, who thought it was a good idea to entrust me with these precious children?!

    ReplyDelete