Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Holiday Party

My birthday was uneventful - which is fine for this year... 38. When I hit 40, I want a little fanfare since I never do much : )

My birthday also tends to fall on the weekend of my office holiday party. So we tend to make that my night out - and the use of a babysitter (family member). 

This year our office rented out Please. The chef was a DAAP graphic design grad two or three years after me. The drinks were amazing - I had one with tequila and ginger beer. I love a fruity tequila drink. The food was okay. Not the best I’d ever had. However, what was very helpful was the accommodations for diet needs. Our office is full of them. Plus, Tim is temporarily (?) Paleo for gut reasons (I may write up on that once he’s in a more final stage). One employee kindly walked through the menu with Tim and noted what he could and could not have - which was actually a lot. 

I also wore my green sequin dress from three years ago. It seemed a bit tighter which is crazy since the last time I wore it was three months postpartum! 

We were the first to leave at 10:30pm and things seemed to be ramping up! Glad we left when we did for Hannah night-waking reasons! 

Also - their bathroom is a local Instagram sensation - that’s why I’m hamming so hard.  





1 comment: