Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Mommy’s Office Party

Last Friday I had my holiday office party which was dinner at Sotto; a new-ish local Italian place that is amazing a on the nicer side. 

Nora spent the day/night with Nana for her birthday movie [Penguins of Madagascar] and lunch. Grammy Batty came down to spend the day and evening with Hannah. 




Going straight from work to happy hour with Tim was... shocking to our systems. While I know it’s very healthy to get out and away from your children,  I always have a heavy sense of obligation to my children. Even going to run for 6+ miles makes me feel guilty. I need to brush that off, huh? 

Anyway, Tim and I went to Nicholson’s for happy hour. The time to just sit and talk was fantastic. Being with my new coworkers was so much fun. I truly enjoy all their company. The Prosecco flowed ALL night, the food and laughs were abundant. Nearly half of us half young children so we were all ready to party a bit. One of my friends even brought her pump TO the restaurant! Whereas I decided to pump IN the car with my car adapter on the way home : ) I’m pretty sure I dumped that milk... 

Also - I bought my first dress in like... 7 years?? For real. I went “all out” and bought a sequined green dress from H&M even though they are in Kenwood. I have zero time to do that. I also never buy clothes online because I have to try it on. IT FIT. And I felt amazing in it! #motheroftwo  whaaaaaaaaat? 

It was a great night and thanks to our Moms once again - I am so grateful our Moms are close and eager to help : ) We love you! 


Check out that plunging back!




1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful! That sounds like an awesome night out. I hope you're having a great holiday with those sweet little girls.

    ReplyDelete