Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Nervous

I try to stay away from political policies on here. But after having Hannah and seeing the tapped cabinet members who are about to take their offices, I’ve been getting nervous and voicing my concerns with my state reps. 

I don’t think this is a Democrat/Republican issue, but if you have a child in public school, I hope you’re paying attention to Betsy DeVos. 

Personally, I’m pretty frightened at her utter lack of experience with public schools. Her hearing was embarrassing to watch. Maybe she’ll prove me wrong [?!]. But as a mother with a special needs child, I am NOT comfortable with her lack of understanding of IDEA as a federal civil rights law. Or that she thinks each state can decide whether to support it - ?!

If you even have a heart, I hope you agree my daughter and all kids with disabilities deserve an appropriate education. Believe it or not, they CAN contribute to our working society. 

This is why I can’t sleep at night and what goes through my head on my stress-releasing runs. I shouldn’t have to be worried about getting my armor ready to battle for Hannah’s educational rights.


If you agree with me, please call Rob Portman’s office and let them know you do not approve of her. It’s very easy - I just did it last week [and will continue to]: “Hello this is _______. I’m a concerned citizen who thinks Betsy DeVos is unfit and unqualified to run this nation’s public education.” 1 800 205 6446
Sherrod Brown: 513 684 1021

Betsy DeVos Hearing

9 Educators on Why They Don't Support DeVos

No comments:

Post a Comment