Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Christmas 2016

My office was closed between Christmas and New Year’s which was a nice treat. Although Tim still had to work Tues - Thu; booooo.

On the 23rd Alison took the kids to Krohn Conservatory - it was great to see Nora in clothes and not pajamas for the week off preschool!








Christmas Eve with my family was very quiet and laid back. Nora opened a few presents. 





Christmas Day was nice and fairly chill at home and the Krons. 

Christmas morning playtime

Monday the 26th... sucked. The plan was for me to go to Little Clinic at 8:30am to get my five-day sore throat diagnosed (presumably strep) then take my car to Subaru to get a few minor items taken care of. 


Well everyone and their Mom came out of their homes the day after Christmas sick. Every drop-in clinic in the area was a two-hour wait. Ain’t nobody got time for that! I could buck up and deal a little longer. That’s what Moms do, right?

Then I received the call from Subaru - what I thought were dash lights that needed resetting from a replaced battery turned out to be legit car issues. Firestone improperly installed my headlights and over-filled my brake fluid. The latter may or may not have contributed to needing the entire ABS Hydraulic Unit needing replaced. I literally cursed at the Subaru rep. 

So we had to pack up the family to go to Subaru so I could pick up a loaner Outback. 

I didn’t feel good. My day was completely thrown off and now we would owe Subaru a sh*t ton of money that wasn’t planned. I cried for a bit. 

Tuesday the 27th... sucked. I woke up okay then felt off. Out of it? Tired? I can’t even explain. But I had an appetite. I think I had a fever. Thank God for Netflix the Babysitter. I attempted a nap but Nora wouldn’t let that happen.

Hot mess everywhere.


Wednesday the 28th... was better. Thankfully my parents came down around 11am and I went to the Little Clinic with a book and waited 1hr to get in. My seven-day sore throat was not strep - what?! And I had the beginning of pinkeye - what?! So I got my eyedrops and headed home. I also learned - after 37 years - that you can take ibuprofen for a sore throat?! Life changing. 

Thursday the 29th - on my way up.

Friday the 30th - Tim had a minor outpatient procedure so we were at UC hospital from 8am - 1pm. It’s abnormal how comfortable I am in hospitals after three years of family procedures. I’m not ashamed to admit I enjoyed all the quiet reading time I had. 

Tim only had “twilight” anesthesia which was good, he didn’t feel so awful and out of it later. However, after having some cysts removed from the back of his arms, he couldn’t pick up Hannah until just this week. Tired Mama.

New Year’s Eve was a quick visit with friends and home by 8:30pm for Hannah’s sake. I haven’t seen midnight since Nora was born. And that’s fine by me!





New Year’s Day was the best I’d felt in a week and a half! No more sore throat! Play date with some good friends. 

I was so happy we had Monday the 2nd off - one more day to chill before back to the grind. 

The one lifestyle change I’d like to make this year is more strength - physically. Squats, jumps, etc. I think it’ll help my running and maybe chasing after a toddler : )

No comments:

Post a Comment