Thursday, December 19, 2013

Oil Pulling & Oral Health

So as you know me, you know I prefer all-natural products and methods. I don’t want to absorb or ingest toxins, nor do I want them in my family members. 

Back in May, I was fed up with my “adult acne” that pops up randomly. I still border on cutting out [or back] dairy and sugar, but instead I went to an oil-cleansing method for my face. I have been cleansing with a mixture of castor and safflower oil at nights and it’s worked fairly well. It removes my makeup and moisturizes too.

Early this week I found out about oil pulling from this blog post:
http://trinaholden.com/healing-cavities-a-true-weve-done-it-story/

I’ve read some testimonials and talked to a few people who’ve actually done it - all positive outcomes and some people experience repaired dental problems and disappeared cavities - !! My coworker just had a bad dentist appointment this week complete with an x-ray, so she’s going to start as well - she has documentation [x-rays] from her Tuesday appointment that we’re all curious to see if oil pulling benefits [or repairs!] her. 

Did I mention I work on P&G oral care brands? Ha! 

I had some coconut oil in the cupboard since the uses for it are endless [skincare, cooking, baking, etc.]. I started on Wednesday morning and it was strange. Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so at first it felt like Crisco in my mouth. But it has a very low melting point, so within a minute I was swishing it around. 

I thought 20 minutes of swishing seemed ridiculous, but I did it before I got in the shower and continued as I did my hair and - bam! 20 minutes passed. I spit it in the trash [it will solidify in your pipes] and done! 

I told my team I would report back any findings come the new year. So will my coworker - she could have evidence of repair I hope! 

Swish on!


1 comment:

  1. My coworker just had a bad dentist appointment this week complete with an x-ray, so she’s going to start as well - she has documentation [x-rays] from her Tuesday appointment that we’re all curious to see if oil pulling benefits [or repairs!] her. Keep Dentist Away

    ReplyDelete