Friday, December 20, 2013

34? Not Too Shabby.

December 10th, 2013: I turned 34 years old. Wowie. I think that was an age I remember my Mom being when I was little!

The day started out… bad? Snow on my birthday is always awesome. Two hours to get to work in the snow traffic? Not so great. 

Our office was in the middle of a ping pong match and I was in the finals of the “average” bracket [there was a “pretty good” bracket as well]. The final game was against my work friend [and Creative Director] Dale. He likes to talk smack. Getting into the game, we were fairly even. I lost 18-21. The second game went bad; I basically defeated myself by hitting the ball beyond the table too much. Lost 10-21. Oh well! I was pretty proud of myself for getting so far! Childhood tennis paid off! 

I had a meeting that day at 1pm in Mason. Which means an awkward ending time; 2pm - do I drive all the way back downtown to work 2hrs or somehow get away with going home? I mentioned this to my Director [who is a totally awesome Mom to twin 2 1/2 year-olds] who said “Go home after your meeting!” The most valuable gift to a Mom: TIME.

I stopped by Kroger and got home close to 4pm. It was in the mid-20s and sunny so what did I do? Run. In the daylight. Only 4.5 miles, but it was delightful! 

Cleaned up and picked up Nora - who sang the entire Happy Birthday song to me! Awww!

Tim [and Nora] bought me a bag of items that included a reflective running vest [yes!], iTunes gift card, fancy coffee and chocolate-covered potato chips! I love a goody bag!

The night ended with dinner with Tim and a bottle of champagne - perfect.


Can’t quite tell, but some ORANGE lipstick I  bought for my birthday!

Here’s to 34!



No comments:

Post a Comment