Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Downs

6 Months, Week 3 


It’s happened. Nora’s first cold : (
Nana reported that Nora had clear drippage from her nose on Tuesday, but no fever - maybe allergies or even a tooth? 


But Wednesday morning proved it was a cold - snotty nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Plus a night of restless sleeping from Nora [which in turn meant a crappy night’s sleep for Mom & Dad]. 


We took her temperature - normal. And she was very smiley and in good spirits - so no meds, just using the aspirator to retrieve the snot! 


I took her to the sitter this morning and gave the report; our sitter was totally fine with Nora having a cold. 


I drove away and starting crying because there’s nothing you can do to take the crumminess away, but I just wanted to hold her so she was at least comfortable. 


So we’ve set up the humidifier in her room for the night - I really hope the symptoms go away tonight. I think what’s most frustrating is that I was convinced that since Nora is still breast-feeding that she could avoid this, but I guess the milk can only protect her for so long. 



2 comments:

  1. Aww, poor baby! Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a few day's behind in reading. Hope Nora is feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete